We seek to bring all people to Jesus by being a friendly, Christ-centered community offering God's healing, help and hope.
News & Events
Mark the date
SUNDAY JUNE 23 — ONE SERVICE ONLY AT 10 A.M. (REFRESHMENTS FOLLOWING)
COME, CELEBRATE & SAY GOODBYE TO JUDY & CHELSEA!
- The Personal Care Pantry needs are: Dish soap, hand/bar soap, laundry detergent, & shampoo.
We Have a New Addition…Our personal care closet has added a space for new babies (Birth to one year of age). Come into our closet (watch the signs) and choose the items you need. We have diapers, onesies and sleepers, as well as shirts and pants, sweaters and blankets. Donations of clean slightly used or new items of clothing are welcome. If you are aware of a family that could use our help, just mention it to one of the workers—we may have resources to suggest.
Personal care items are still available—we are in a slightly new location—just around the corner from the front door. We will also be open the second Thursday of the month from 12 to 4 p.m.
- Roscommon Christian Softball League: Did you sign up for softball? Games are played on Tuesday evenings at 7 p.m.
- Dancers Wanted! The Good Faith Dance troupe is having an open casting call for anyone interested in dancing. We share God’s love through our dance interpretation and perform for the congregation about twice a year. Do you like music? Do you love to express yourself with movement? Please contact Laura Barrett or Linda Little to see how you might contribute your talents.
- Sunday June 23 -- One Service Only at 10 a.m. (refreshments following)...Come, celebrate & say goodbye to Judy & Chelsea!
- Women of the Bible are back in action! Please pray for travel mercies as they journey to present their program: May 16 at West Branch, June 20 at Oscoda, June 24 to be determined.
- Paint the Town Purple is coming! Friday May 10th is Paint the Town Purple. Then wear purple May 10th & each Friday thereafter until Relay for Life takes place June 22 & 23!
- There's a Membership Class coming soon! We meet either Tuesday, June 18, at 7 p.m. OR Saturday, June 22, at 10:30 a.m. with continental breakfast. Choose which day works best for you, and then RSVP 275-5577.
- Save the Date! VBS is coming June 24-28 the Everywhere Fun Fair, where God’s world comes together, arrives at GSUMC. Watch for more information as the time comes closer. VBS is for ages Kindergarten to 6th grade.
VBS needs the following supplies: Cereal boxes...Maps...any old maps you might have...from anywhere...pieces of wood that we could cut into a house shape...the houses are about 2x4x 9 inches...clear contact paper.
- COME FOR DIINNER!!!!!!!!
Why: To help Bob Adams (Roscommon resident) and his family cope with medical expenses (son of Bev Emery)
Where: Fred’s of Roscommon
What: Spaghetti & Pizza Buffet
When: Tuesday, June 25, from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Cost: Adults - $10 Children Under 10 - $6 (drinks & tips not included)
Sponsored by Good Shepherd United Methodist Church of the North — With thanks to Fred's!! 275-5577
- The Mikenauk Chorale returns on June 30 at 4 p.m. to Good Shepherd.
- Save the Date! Attention all church leaders SPRC & all team leaders Church Charge Conference has been set for Saturday September 28, at 11 a.m. Mark your calendars, and plan on attending. In the meantime, get your data ready for reports!
Director of Student Ministry John McKay reminds us to return the M&M Containers once they are filled. Thanks! Contributions go towards youth mission trips.
Foster Parents Needed: The Department of Human Services of Roscommon County is seeking adults, married or single, to provide foster care service to local children removed from their homes due to family crisis. If someone you know is interested, please contact: Cliff McKelvey (231)287-3127 or Monica Peach (989)798-5640. “Providing a safe, temporary alternative in a child’s own community can make a tremendous difference in his or her life.”
Help Wanted: We are in need of “on-call” persons who are willing to volunteer to shovel/snow plow around the buildings (including the CDC) to be a back up for Mike Byers, our facility manager. If you think you’d like to do this, please call John Brown or Ron Seaman of our Trustees team. Thanks so much.
The Compassionate Care Ministries team is in need of volunteers to be trained as 'mobile’ Communion Servers. This would entail taking communion to our shut-ins or those hospitalized, the Sunday afternoon following church communion. Pastor Eric is ordering kits that will be consecrated by him for each use and you will be provided a written order of communion for you to recite. What a blessing for us to reach out to our church family in this very special way. Home visitors are needed for one of our church members who lives in the St. Helen area. She would appreciate having someone stop in for a short visit either Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Please let John & Deb Brown (821-4106) know if you would be interested in serving.
To place a prayer request on the Prayer Chain, please email or call Laurice Tanner at 821-9014.
Reminder: The Prayer Room is open every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and is always available anytime the church doors are open for you to come and enjoy a quiet place to converse with God.