The Good Shepherd Library has been in operation since 2005. Its present location is in Room 104. It is a beautiful, comfortable room and is open during the Sunday morning services. All the furnishings, equipment and books have been donated.
There are over 600 books in the library which cover a variety of subjects. There is a Kid's Korner of children's books and four years of books from the United Methodist Women's reading program. Books are available to check out using the "On Your Honor" system. Come and visit, browse awhile.
Goody, the Church Library Mouse says….
Being Santa’s elf was lots of fun! Have you seen all the new “chapter books” that Santa delivered for our young readers? He dropped off three “easy books” too.
- Flat Stanley’s worldwide adventures: the great Egyptian grave robbery
- Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: uproar at the front door
- Beezus & Ramona (an old classic that my Mom read as a child)
- Diary of a wimpy kid: the ugly truth Diary of a wimpy kid: dog days
- The Deadlies: Felix takes the stage
- The Puppy Palace: Chewy & Chica The Puppy Palace: Pugsley
- Dark Day in the Deep Sea
- Haunted Castle on Hallows eve
- Moonlight on the magic flute
- Night of the new magicians
- Bats at the ballgame
- Dewey: There’s a cat in the library
In 2011, perhaps Grandpas and Grandmas could donate a Kids Korner book for the church library in ‘honor’ of their Grandchild’s birthday? I have a list or you may just pick one at your favorite book store. Thank you for thinking of the Good Shepherd children readers. (Oh, yes, some adults enjoy these books too!) Click here to see a few books Goody is recommending. Thanks to Mrs. Poulos for my new clothes. She makes me look so cute!!
Do you have a book that has been listed as missing? Check Here